1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With Damaged Motorola V3

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by itzgrant, Sep 20, 2007.

1. itzgrant

itzgrant Member

I've had the motorola V3 for quite a while now and just recently experienced a major problem; the lcd screen stopped working for some reason. i remember dropping the phone on concrete a month or so ago and the hinge separating the screen from the keys became pretty loose. it wasnt anything serious until i had some difficulty opening and closing the phone (flipping it open, flipping it shut, etc) where it would get stuck and felt like it was jammed. then suddenly i was using the phone today and the screen just went out. the bottom half of the phone still works and lights up except theres no image on the screen or the caller id display. there is no sound either.

what im worried about is the contacts in my phonebook which are very important to me. they were saved in the phone rather than on the SIM card so i dont know what to do. the phone i can lose but the contacts i cannot. anybody know how i can retrieve the contacts? i tried using a usb cabled and connecting it to my computer but that failed as well...

2. steimy

steimy Active member

only way i know is by using something like P2K Commander where you can copy the information to your PC. But in order to make that connection you may need to mod your phone.
    http://motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=36