1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with dual format dvd rip

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by the1pro, Oct 21, 2004.

1. the1pro

the1pro Member

okay here is the question I was able to burn a 7.1 dvd on a dual layer dvd+r disc compared it to the original and it has the same amount of data try to play it in dvd player plays for 3 min and stops tryed it on the dvd played on computer same go to champter selection and all champters are there put will not play. does anyone have any ideas on why ? thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

the1pro,

For starters, You have GOT to use some punctuation when you write. One sentence that runs on for a paragraph is hard to read and understand.

When you say you're working with a 7.1 DVD is that the disc size, 7.1GB ?
    Next, you say you checked the Data on the disc ? Did you copy standard Data on the DVD OR were you trying to say that you copied a DVD Video and the same size files were on both DVD's when the burn was finished ?

Finally, I know it seems like I wasn't paying attention but I'm an old "Dude" and I missed the part about what programs you were using and what your settings were – Could you goover that once again then I might have an idea or two –

Till I hear from you,

Sea Yaaaaa

3. the1pro

the1pro Member

okay. The size of data 7.1 gb on the original and the burned copy. The programs used are shrink,dvd x copy only has support up to 4.7 gb,dvd cloner which has dual layer support and will support up to 15 gb and DVD Decrypter . The movie burns fine on the dual layer dvd but will not play correctly. thanks for the reply

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

the1pro,

OK, I want to get it straight -

Programs used:

DVD Shrink - it does support dual layer

DVD XCopy - Doesn't support dual layer

DVD Decrypter, was this used as a ripper ? If so, in which mode ? Was this program used as a burner ?

DVD Cloner - I'm sorry - I'm unfamilular with the program BUT will look for someone who is and can help us -

If your dual layer burn was sucessful and it was burnid 1: 1, it should work.

If an incorrect setting was choosen, then data was transfered but not necessarly in the proper order which would account for it playing up to chapter selection and no farther.

Again, I have to ask, what programs were you using and what were your settings. What we need now are the exact steps you performed in this backup starting with the first proggy and it's settings continuing to the end as we know it isn't possible to use DVD Shrink, XCopy, DVD decrypter and DVD Cloner -.all in a single backup

Pete

5. the1pro

the1pro Member

I will try to answer the questions. used all the programs on dvd cloner used settings (copy to d9)
    shrink left all settings the way it came and followed guide.
    DVD x copy just set to copy dvd burning in x copy movie plays ok until the last 15 min then it frezzes.
    I guess i can remove some extras but would like a exact copy.
    DVD Decrypter, was used to rip.the files , (at $10 a dvd) is a small price to pay to learn. thanks

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Huuuuummmmm, Me thinks there's too many ingredients in the stew pot -

I don't believe there's a ripper in DVDCloner but as I said, I'm not familiar with the proggy So here's your choices -

Recipe 1.
    Rip with DVD Decrypter in the Mode, File. Pick up files with DVDCloner then burn to disc.

Recipe 2.
    Rip with DVD Decrypter in the Mode, File. Pick up files with DVD Shrink and burn to disc with DVD Decrypter OR, (my choice) burn with Nero - (Yes, Nero handles dual layer (DVD-9):)
    a 30-Day Nero trial can be had here - http://www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

It is doubtful that DVD XCopy can handle DVD-9 as that technology wasn't available when DVD XCopy was being made.

7. the1pro

the1pro Member

thanks will give it a go