1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with DVD Decrypter VOB time code problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by GimpyLime, May 17, 2007.

1. GimpyLime

GimpyLime Member

I've been backing up all my TV episodes. I back up each individual episode each to a single VOB for viewing on my network DVD players. I've backed up all my Stargate episodes and Star Trek Orignal Series with no problems. However, I'm having a slight problem with Star Trek Next Generation and Firefly. When I play back the single VOBs on any of my varying network DVD players they play fine except that periodically the play back moves fast forward for about a half second and then the time stamp on the network dvd player resets to 00:00. Playback resumes normally after this for several minutes then this happens again. I've tried differrent upnp servers and different players and the fast forward problem always occurs in the same place no matter what. This seems like some kind of time code problem. I believe there is software to fix VOB time code problems created by DVD Decrypter but I'm confused as to which one is the right one. Or is there other Windows based decrypting software that does not have time code problems and will rip a complete episode to one single VOB? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

DVDD has not been updated is a while and will never be updated as Macrovision now owns that program. You choices are DVDFAB Decrypter HD or AnyDVD. One is free and the other costs $$. Try the free one first and see if it helps