1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with dvd playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by steandric, Oct 30, 2004.

1. steandric

steandric Member

i just bought a LG 16x dvdwriter (model GSA-4160B) and installed the powerdvd disk that came along with the package. cracking audio and staggering video are encountered during dvd playback. what's wrong?

my computer setup:
    P2 celeron 1.2
    512 ram memory
    MSI 694T pro board
    voodoo3 video card
    soundblaster awe64 soundcard

any help is appreciated.

richard

2. tronikF

tronikF Member

I too have this same problem...but i have a sony DDU-1612..and also use powerdvd...

amd athlon 2100
    1Gig of ddr ram
    nvidia video card
    m audio delta 66 soundcard

please help us BOTH out...thanks everyone.

3. steandric

steandric Member

can't imagine this happens too on your more advanced pc.

this is what i got from the powerdvd site faq:

Q: Error Code: "F6F00018" pops out during playback. What does it mean? How to resolve it?
    A :
    This problem is caused because your VGA card can not enable the overlay function. We suggest that you do the following:
    (a) Close all other applications that would use overlay (Like Windows MediaPlayer, Netmeeting, or other DVD players). Since Most display cards support only one overlay, If it is used by other applications, PowerDVD will not be able to access it.
    (b) Install the latest DirectX. If you did not know where to download DirectX, then you can visit the Microsoft Web site to download. (http://www.microsoft.com/directx). Some display drivers require the latest DirectX to work.
    (c) Please lower your screen resolution, color depth, and refresh rate. If this still does not work, we suggest that you try to upgrade your VGA card.
    (d) Visit your VGA manufactory website to update driver.

i've done all (a) to (d). same error. frustrated.

any help please?