1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with DVD-RW to a DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by spencieca, Jan 14, 2005.

1. spencieca

spencieca Member

I am new to DVD Burning and am at witts end! I have a DVD Handycam and recorded our trip on DVD-RW discs, and found out I cannot play them on my Home DVD player. So I went and bought Fuji DVD-R Video Discs. I have tried to use Nero and Decryptor and am UNsuccessful at it. I cannot get the home DVD player to play the discs. Could someone please help! Sorry this dragged on!!!!!
    Laura

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

It probably has to do with you not finalizing them before popping into your DVD player. Basically, it just closes the disc to further writing and creates a table of contents. DVD-RWs I can understand, but you shouldn't have probs with DVD-Rs. Better read your manual about finalizing your DVD.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You don't need Decrypter to copy home movie dvds. Open Nero Express, select dvd video, then click copy complete disc. Nero should copy the dvd to your HD, then ask for a blank dvd. Insert the blank and it should burn.

Jerry

4. spencieca

spencieca Member

Thank you for getting back to me...I finalize the RW and put it in my computer and went to DVD Decrypter and saved it on my hard drive, then write it to a DVD-R Video...Am I supposed to save it as an ISO on the decrypter? I read somewhere that it was to be saved as dvd, but that doesn't seem to be an option...I have WAY too many drink coasters now trying to figure this out! Is it possible to transfer the DVD-RW to a DVD-R? Thank you..

5. spencieca

spencieca Member

Ok Jerry, I am going to try your suggestion. It has to be the last one for the night because Im all out of blank discs! This is my last hope!!! So it is possible to copy a DVD-RW to my HD and send it to a DVD-R to play in my home DVD player???? Thank you and wish me luck!

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If Nero burns the blank but it still doesn't play, check your owners book on the recorder you used for the original and see what file format it records in. It should already be in proper dvd format but it doesn't hurt to check.

Jerry

7. spencieca

spencieca Member

well I cannot seem to find the file on my disk, it is in a different format. It seems to be in ISO format and not IFO or DVD format...HELP!

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Do worry about the file Decrypter made. Nero will do it over from start. Insert the original in your burner drive, then open Nero as I stated before and go from there. The decrypter file can be deleted.

Jerry

9. spencieca

spencieca Member

Well I tried it and it didn't work...geesshhh...now I will try to get it to work by plugging the camcorder into the computer and trying it from there...thanks for all the help though!

Laura