1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with emulators

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Creation3, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Creation3

Creation3 Member

Hey if someone would be so kind I would greatly appreciate a complete noobs guide to getting an emulator on a softmodded xbox with and unleashed X dashboard. I am going to use FTP (FlashFXP). I need instructions right from square one. I'm getting really frustrated because nothing seems to work. The emulator I'm trying to get on is PCSXBOX. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. soze9

soze9 Member

You can just use an auto install disk (make sure its one of the deluxe versions that has everything added) these usually have all software available and all emulators available. Burn the iso to @ blank dvd load it onto your tray and restart..they usually take a second to boot up...I usually use AUTO INSTALLER DELUXE..you can find it easily..trust me..then scroll down to emulators select install all or just the one you want..then just ftp your roms after its installed...oh yeah just installing the emulator won't do..you must create a folder within the emulator for roms and then ftp your games into that folder...simple as that.

Enjoy.

3. Creation3

Creation3 Member

so after I download AID is there anything I have to do with it before I burn it to a disk? Oh and will I need the disk to play my roms or will it just stay on the xbox?

4. soze9

soze9 Member

Nope..just grab the iso if its in format and if its not create one then burn the iso to a dvd using something like nero..insert the disk into the tray..shut off the xbox and restart it..you'll see the x on the screen then the screen goes black for something between 4 and 6 seconds and the AID pops up on your menu..scroll down to the emulators select for placement on the drive you want and install as you please..simple as that..actually AID is probably that fastes and easiest way for you to install emulator..its idiot proof..I should know..its all I use these days lol...After you install your emulators..remove the disk..restart..go to file manager on your dashboard unleash or evox...if in xbmc go into files...find each emulator and create a folder within it titled "roms"...after that ftp your roms into the roms folder..restart the console...and voila..you are done. Most emulators do not have presets that has them automatically find your roms folders for each emulator. You may have to set that on or create a favorites list for easy access to your roms...Enjoy.