1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with eMule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by elmos, Jan 20, 2004.

1. elmos

elmos Member

I am new to eMule, I have been reading the forums here and the help sections but can't find help for these questions:
    1)eMule was working fine this morning but now nothing will download, keeps saying "Waiting".
    2) I put the "/join#ad_buddies" in the appropriate box but cannot figure out how to go to any chat groups or see how to contact ANYONE.

Can anyone help me with these problems???

2. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

I've never had that problem myself, but I would imagine that you are firewalled somewhere. It's either your software firewall, router, or ISP. Try connecting without firewall. If you find that it's not your firewall(s), try changing the default ports to something a bit higher, instead of 4662 and 4672 try 5111 and 5121 or something along those lines, in case your ISP is blocking you. Good Luck!

As far as the AfterDawn help channel, it has changed networks. You'll need to go to the IRC tab in your preferences, clear out irc.emule-project.net and put in irc.addictz.net, and you should then be able to connect (the channel has changed servers, but is still named #ad_buddies.)