1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with EZ-V 3-in-1

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by vcbc, Jul 3, 2007.

1. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Srry if this is somewhere dont have time to search for this, getting really mad at xbox and wii and stuff...Well, i must be having bad luck, first 3-in1 bundle didnt work at all, n second one worked for a month...didnt played it too much though, but now it cant save. i have saved in flazar before n then i day turned it on and save file was gone. In megaman battle network falzar it says The save has failed... And in some Yoshi game it wont load n says something about save file being corrupted. So now the EZ-V cannot save any gba games, n i am using the EZ-V Bundle? any fix for this? O yea n the Web Browser and rumble works. Just the gba save chip or something.
    thanks for advance.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Are you patching the GBA games? most GBA gamesneed to be patched in order to save correctly.

3. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Thanks alot mr_hanky u have help me alot in the past with nds stuff
    hmmm, no i didnt know they needed to be patched, I read somewhere that with the EZ-V Bundle u dont need to patch GBA roms... But even If i did, dont think its going to make a differences. Let me explane it a bit more detail. When i had it I played megaman battle network 6 cyber falzar. It saved to the ez-v 3-in-1 every time, but one day i turned it on n the save file were gone, I didnt think much of it n didnt play gba game too much so i turned it off. Later on i played the megaman game again n tried to save n it says "The save failed..." So i though the rom got corrupted, so i reloaded it with the EZ-V slot 1. But same thing happen, so i tried reformating the card n putting the same rom in, same thing happen, so i kept trying other games, n none can save. Well, im going to do some research on this...maybe find a way to format the save chip, or to test if some chip/ram is bad.
    Edit: patching games through some progs doesnt seem to affect anything.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  4. jdog29

jdog29 Member

I was having same exact issue. The initial GBA games would load and create save file, but later after changing games, the save file would be corrupted and could not open the game any longer.

Then I found out that you have to patch the GBA roms for them to work properly. I patched all my GBA roms with teh EZ4 Client v 1.03.
    This patched the roms and also creates a save file for those roms.
    Then I dropped the roms in my GBA and saves into GBA\Saves on my R4.

Now when I want to play GBA, I load into PSRAM to the EZ 3 in 1. And it works perfectly every single time.

~jdog29

5. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Thanks... Ill try that... But my DS just broke...top screen died. What bad luck I have. lol

6. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Tried on cousins DS...Patched it with Ez 4 client...still the save failed... IDK maybe its just defective?...but for some reason i can backup the save files... I tried patching it with all the different save size... Also tried using the VBA .sav file i made by playing the game n have the EZ-V load it n it doesn't work.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  7. jdog29

jdog29 Member

Did you put the save files from the patch into the GBA Folder.
    On my SD card, I have a folder called GBA. In that folder is all the GBA Roms and a Save folder with the save files in it.

I never messed with the save size in EZ Client, I left it all the way it was. The EZ Client will create the new patched GBA file on root of C drive on computer and the Save file goes to C:\Saver folder.From there you can move the GBA roms to to the SD Card and put in GBA folder, and the saves put in the GBA\Save folder on the SD Card.

~jdog29

8. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yes ive tried that...Like i said the first time i played it i never patched it (save works),..but later on the sav didnt work, tried loading the same game n all the save dont work. The saver file is in the folder GBASAVE on my card n my games went in EZV GBA like I first used to have it. Hmm when i backup the save it is at size 256...but the patch patched it to 32kb..n the vba save is at 64kb...wtf?
    Thanks for your help

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  9. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

Hello,
    my problem is that i have original pokemon games and i backed up all of them to my ezV right? everything is good, i got it patched and everything. the thing is i cant get the save to load right. im pretty far on my other games and i dont want to restart

for example, i backed up pokemon fire red and the save as well. patched the fire red and installed it into my ezV plays and runs correctly. well i added the sav file for fire red into the SAVE directory and when i try to play all it does is just makes me start as if there was no save file and i have to go through the whole intro again. the save file is 64kb. do i have to convert it so that it can be used by the ezv? and if i do, what do i use to convert it? i used ezfiv client to patch pokemon and it created a save file but i want to use mine.

thanks for your help!