1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with FixVTS, Clone 2, Binkie7 or anyone??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Deric1, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Deric1

Deric1 Member

First, You helped very much earlier, thanks! I was able to burn Pirates/dead mans chest very easily!
    I downloaded Ripit4me and DVDClone 2.
    I then tried to do Crank, and when I get to the part where I need FixVTS, it says it only does VOB files. I dont know how to make it a VOB File, I am like 1 day new to this! So I was amazed I was even able to get Pirates to work! (Didnt seem to need FixVTS for that) FixVTS does not pop up automatically after Ripit4me and DVD Decryptor finish either. I can drag and drop though.
    Can you possibly help again? There is such an overload of info on this board, I really need to read it ALL to find what I might need!
    Thanks
    Deric1

2. Deric1

Deric1 Member

Also Binkie, or anyone who can help,
    When I do Ripit4me now, I get "FixVTS points to, but should point to FixVTS.exe".
    Pirates burned without using FixVTS. But nothing else so far will.
    So I try to burn without it like I did before, but now get on DVDClone2, "Invalid block code - One or more blocks might be corrupted by a prior copying process or by source device covering critical read errors."
    What have I done????

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I just downloaded ripit4me two days ago from here. Install from the 1MB installer download. It installs Fixvts and help file for ripit4me along with ripit4me. I have ripped a dvd with it but not burned anything. It's set to run Fixvts with it and open Decrypter to rip the file.

http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html

And yes binkie is the one to ask! I don't know if she uses it or not; but Alkohol would know for sure. He swears by ripit4me!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  4. vkn

vkn Guest

crank is easy just use the ripit4me with one click mode
    fixvts should be installed with your ripit4me installer

5. Deric1

Deric1 Member

Thanks to both of you, this is really a great forum, I just need to learn to decipher all the info, and I will!
    Thanks again, Im off to try....

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Path & settings via RipIt4Me.

[​IMG]

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I told you alkohol knew all about it and pictures too. Looks like a great program as I have just used it once so far. Thanks for the info.

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Per Alkohol's settings you may want to check the box for include VIDEO_TS, this will make it easier for other sw recognition if you use something other than Shrink.

9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

LOL.. cheers buddy. Yes, RipIt4Me is great -- another of my favorite free ripper beside DVDFab Decrypter.

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

How's it going Pete? Haven't seen you around here lately.

Yes, you are right... for newbies it's much easier to check the box [include VIDEO_TS]. It's just that I preffered to munually create a new "target folder" and a sub VIDEO_TS on a different drive for the output (I have 2 drives: one's mainly for ripping & the other is editing & encoding).

[​IMG]

11. Deric1

Deric1 Member

You're all so freakin awesomely intelligent! I feel so beneath you! he he Being new to this, you all blow my mind. Thanks, You dont know how helpful this all is.

12. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

You're welcome, glad we could help. Keep us posted and best of luck!!

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

There's also an official guide for RipIt4Me at the RI4M site. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html I did Crank and Talladega Nights in full disc with it without a problem. You should check out the RI4M log on it.

Deric1
    The guide should get you squared away along with Alkohol's pictures and input. RI4M cleans up the IFOs and FixVTS cleans up the VOBs. You don't need to worry about it. In one click there's not much user input. In the wizard you just follow along and push the buttons. At the end if an error occurs when opening Shrink, you simply back up and select FixVTS, RI4M opens it and does the job for you. Then you open Shrink again. When I realize there's problems I just go straight to FixVTS before Shrink. After a while you get a feel for things like that.

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member