1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with geting pics off cam

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by lucas23, Sep 1, 2004.

1. lucas23

lucas23 Guest

my mate has past me his camera to get his wedding pics off it and i have insaled all the stuff it says to insall and have tryed to get the pics but there is no pics on there but there stored on the sd card and i have unlocked the sd card and still cant get the pictures i think he hasent formated the card is there any way of geting the pictures off with out losing them and formating the card

2. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

I guess we need a bit more information.

Type of Camera ?

Are you using a usb connection to your PC or have you got a card reader?

Most cameras when plugged in to your PC via the usb just appear as a removable drive in My Computer - do you see the drive ?

3. lucas23

lucas23 Guest

yes i see removeable drive and im useing a usb port adn the camera im using is a samsund digimax 101 when i get the removeable drive nothing is ever in it

4. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Can you access the pictures from the camera review option >

5. omronguru

omronguru Guest

Hi, You say when you open the removable drive in my computer there is nothing there, are there no folders etc.? Also know of one camera where if auto protect is on it makes files hidden on card, check in tools>folder options>view that show hidden files is selected! As for formatting, if you right click the removable drive and go to properties it should show you there the size of the drive and whether formatted will also tell you how many files and how much space used which will give you a clue as to whether anything recorded there.
    As for destroyed/lost files there are a number of software solutions around, the one I use is actually for hard drives but given it is showing as a removable drive it will work, its called Easy Recovery Professional by Ontrack. This will recover data where written to a raw disk or where a disk as been subsequently formatted.
    Good Luck!