1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with HDloader !!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by uberchink, Nov 11, 2004.

1. uberchink

uberchink Member

I just got my set-up today (hd loader, ps2 v.9 model SCPH-50001, and Maxtor 120 GB hdd).

I put my 120 GB maxtor into my network adaptor then put it into my ps2. When I booted up Hdloader I formatted it and it formatted in about 10 seconds or so. Then I put in my game (Dark Cloud 2) and installed it. After it was done installing (no errors) it says there's no games loaded onto my hdd, but it does say that 4 GB of information have been used on it. Does anyone know what my problem is? And yes, it's set on Master.

I've heard that sometimes the network adaptor can be the problem, but I don't want to buy another $40 network adaptor just to find out that won't work either. $40 is a lot to just throw away :S

2. pirkster

pirkster Member

If the adapter is new, I doubt the adapter is the problem.

Checking the game compatability list, that game should work.

Try re-installing again and see what happens.

3. uberchink

uberchink Member

Yes, the game is compatable. I tried re-installing it and got the same problem. Every time I install it it says there's no game on the hdd. And when I restart my ps2 it asks to format again. Any ideas?

4. pirkster

pirkster Member

That doesn't sound good. Unless you can borrow someone's network adapter to try to troubleshoot your system, I would also hesitate before buying a new one. Maybe if you're within the time frame, the store where you bought it will exchange for a new one if you tell them it's defective. You may also want to try using the adapter with an online game to see if you experience problems with it. Running the CD that came with the adapter might also shed light on any problems the adapter may have.

My best educated guess would be it's either the adapter or the drive, since the software appears to load and perform correctly (your drive formats and the game copies without reporting errors.) Have you tried using the drive with a PC, etc to make sure the drive is stable?

I've never heard of this problem, but keep poking around here and you may find someone who has run into a similar problem. Check the other sites, too as the more people you contact, the better chance you'll run into someone who can help. Check ps2ownz.com , fileforums.com , and others also. Definitely try going online with the adapter and troubleshooting it first. Try to trade that sucker in on a new one before you run past your return period.

Good luck :(

5. uberchink

uberchink Member

Well, my friend ended up giving me his network adaptor because his parents took his ps2 away and it worked. I think there's a recent batch of network adaptors that are defective or just don't work with hd loader because a few other people have had the exact same problem as me.

Thanks for the help