1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with ISOs and CSOs...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by albacore7, Mar 18, 2007.

1. albacore7

albacore7 Member

so i've just downloaded Gurumin USA version and what i got was a folder with the title(Gurumin) and inside theres a bunch of .rar formatted files with the names cer-gmar.r00 until cer-gmar.r25 all the way through.I think it's a split archive but i have no idea how to make it work...Inside the cer-gmar files are cer-gmar.iso in each of it throughout 1-25,i was told that you have to put it together but i don't know how...please help !Also,is there a tutorial on this somewhere?If there is,I'd appreciate it if you dropped by a link to it,Thanks alot !

p.s:I'm using custom firmware version 3.10 0E-A

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

do you have winrar and winzip installed on your computer? If so and none of them show up different from all the others, try dragging any of the files to your iso folder. (i've always dragged the first one)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  3. albacore7

albacore7 Member

yeah i have winrar and winzip, inside the cer-gmar.rxx files contains stuff like PSP_GAME and UMD_DATA.BIN, each of it from cer-gmar00 to cer-gmar25 has the same files,im just dumbfounded on how to get it all together

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

ohh my bad its a umd rip...yeah your going to need a program for that i believe (havent used umdrips yet) but i'll help you search for a solution...i'll post back when i find. (unless someone helps before i can)

*EDIT* Here you go...give this a try. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/356555

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  5. albacore7

albacore7 Member

Well thanks for trying,i appreciate it

6. albacore7

albacore7 Member

No Luck :(

7. albacore7

albacore7 Member

i figured out how to make it work already,i used UMDGen to get it working,here's the link

8. staxx

staxx Regular member

Good stuff. Thanks for the link.

9. draggy

draggy Member

hi guys newbie here I recently downloaded a file that contains homebrew games and it has lots of games on in it. But the thing that I like the most is Biohazard. But this is the problem; When i opened the rar file this is what i got [​IMG]
    bunch of folders with lots of files in them then I tried opening the first folder and this is what I got [​IMG]
    now when I clicked on that folder inside this is what I got [​IMG]
    Files and files galore again. Now I opened the second folder named Biohazard% this is what I got [​IMG]

Anybody got an idea how to use this file? On the read me file that comes with the game it doesn't say anything. Please help

Thanks

10. staxx

staxx Regular member

Put your biohazard and biohazard% in your game150 folder

11. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

I just downloaded a rip for The Godfather yesterday, and all i did is right click the first one, say extract to (name of game rip) and it extracted the iso to a folder the same name as the rar file.

12. staxx

staxx Regular member

So then all you have to do is put your extracted ISO in your ISO folder on your psp. If you dont have an ISO folder then you have to create a new folder and name it ISO...This folder will be in the root of your memory stick

13. draggy

draggy Member

oh by the way i am so sorry about the thumbnail tags that i inserted. Staxx thanks for the quick reply but about my PSP i have a 3.03 and i have that 1.05 folder and a 3.03 folder inside games from the PSP's core files? so you are saying that I just have to get that biohazard% and put it in the 1.05 folder?

14. staxx

staxx Regular member

So your saying that your not on custom firmware then? Sorry i assumed you were on a custom firmware...What firmware are you using right now 3.03 stock or 3.03 oe?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  15. draggy

draggy Member

Staxx, I got a 3.03 OE-C when I bought the unit they say it will be automatically upgraded to 3.03 so that I can play downloaded games. I didn't bother asking if it was a 2 or a ver 1.5. These are the files that I have inside the PSP I got folders named Videos, PSP, Music, Pictures, MP_Root and ISO and some files named FS6519.dll, MSTK_PRO.IND, MEMSTICK.IND. When i open PSP folder i have folders named GAME, GAME 150 GAME 303, COMMON, SAVE DATA, and SYSTEM. So what do i do now.

16. staxx

staxx Regular member

Yeah you put them in the GAME150 folder both files (biohazard and biohazard%)

17. draggy

draggy Member

Staxx man you rock thanks for the advice i managed to play the game hehehhe but Biohazard that i downloaded sucks it's like playing the old game boy but with colors so i will be deleting it. Thanks again bro

18. draggy

draggy Member

Staxx i also have files inside a rar file that says a-mnroti 1 to a-mnroti 6 and a-mnroti.nfo and a-mnroti.sfv. What are these? how am I going to play them? Sorry for being so dumb on this new psp that I have.

19. staxx

staxx Regular member

Its ok, i was the same way when i first got mine. I have both winrar and winzip installed on my computer so usually 1 of the files appears as a winzip file and thats the one i use. But i believe you should be able to right click one of the files and extract it with winrar and it will create an iso for you or something (you might want to search on that method though)