1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with limewire pro 4.8.1

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by bat4life, May 7, 2007.

1. bat4life

bat4life Member

I have Limewire pro 4.8.1, my hard drive recently crashed so i had to buy a new one over the weekend. I had a back up file of limewire pro 4.8.1 and installed it into my computer, now it won't connect at all to the nerwork, why? it just keeps saying "connecting", Has anyone else had this problem too?Thanks in advance.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't know if this will help but a while back when I used LimeWire (not pro), it would disconnect itself and I would have to reconnect it at File (upper left). Also, ensure Limewire is listed as an exception in your firewall and I think at Tools>Options>Advanced, there is a recommended option to enable so you don't have to manually Port Forward or is that FrostWire.

3. zipptide

zipptide Member

I would try using a newer version of LW , Its well known to work it way through most firewalls , but it sounds blocked . by another program or something. Try enabling it in ur firewall setting or just try the newest free version available.