1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with lite-on writer

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Imhotep, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Imhotep

Imhotep Member

ok, i just bought a lite-on LTR-52246S writer.

when i try to install the nero software that came with it i get a message saying "the install wizard has been interupted, your system has not been modified"

and when i try to update the firmware from version "6s0a" to 6s0d" i get a message saying

"can't find ltr-52246s firmware: 6s01-6s0d drive!

this flash utility only supports LTR-52246S firmware 6s01-6s0d

can't find atapi drive!"

ok, so i have the writer set as master on the secondary ide (all by itself there) all the connectors are on tight and the writer is recognized at boot. it reads cd's no problem.

i'm running win98se.

anyone know what the problem is?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2003
  3. Imhotep

Imhotep Member

no, all i have tried is to install nero and update the firmware, both in windows.

even if i havent updated the firmware, shouldnt the nero software that came with the burner install no problem?

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I've read at other forums where people who bought burners equipped with Nero Burning Rom had the same problems you're having. if it were me, I would download the latest Nero Burning Rom (Ahead) and use the latest firmware update foryour Litey LTR 52x (6SOD).

Nero:http://www.ahead.de/en/index.html#download
    Liteon LTR-52246S 6SOD firmware:
    http://forum.firmware-flash.com/portal.php
    MTKFlash WIN IDE Mode:http://digi.rpc1.org/mwf.htm

Uninstall Nero, if you haven't already done so.

Shoey :)

5. Imhotep

Imhotep Member

thanks Shoey

trouble is, as i mentioned above, i cant even update the firmware, it cant seem to find my "atapi drive" to flash.

i'm wondering if this is a hardware problem. i might just take this thing back.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Is the Litey listed in the Device Manager (DVD\CD-Roms)?(Right click) My Computer>properties>Hardware tab folder>Device Manager>click the + beside DVD\CD-Roms and your Litey should be listed. If it is, does it say: "this device is working properly"? If you don't see your Litey listed then right click DVD\CD-Rom and scan for hardware changes. When you attempt to flash your Litey with 6sOD firmware, the Litey is on port 3 m8. Post back if you are still encountering errors.

7. Imhotep

Imhotep Member

yep, its listed in device manager correctly, when i try to flash it, i dont get an option to tell the firmware which port the drive is using. it just says:

"can't find ltr-52246s firmware: 6s01-6s0d drive!

this flash utility only supports LTR-52246S firmware 6s01-6s0d

can't find atapi drive!"

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Open MTKWinFlash IDE Mode and check "Launch ATAPI mode". Now locate your Litey at the top and for source, use the 6SOD binary firmware flash you downloaded form The Firmware page and be sure [bold] nothing [/bold] is in your Litey drive and flash, then reboot m8. If that fails then you need to create a dos mode floppy disc using MTKFlash.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2003
  9. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

I didn't like the latest 5.5.10.20 Nero. Too many freezes and it didn't know how to perform a compilation.

I'm using the same 52246S burner but on the 6SOC firmware. I've read how it actually slowed down burning speeds a bit.

It may just be my system though.

10. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

I should clarify that the 6SOD firmware gave some people slower burning performance.