1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with modifying xbox360 liteon 0225

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pyrasius, Jan 19, 2012.

1. pyrasius

pyrasius Member

ive been searching around various sites looking for help to no avail, im not saying the information is not there just that i can not find it, i recently purchased the x360 usb pro, ck3i and a probe III(dont know what to do with that) for modding my liteon 0225 drive.from what I can tell I successfully disassembled my xbox removed the drive attached the appropriate cables into each other ect. but jungleflasher does not detect my device my searches for information regarding this difficulty only came up with results relating to errors after flashing or were for different drives. thats what i have so far is someone will tell me what ive not done that i should have give some direction it will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. user473

user473 Regular member

with that drive u need to buy the pcb unlock board and switch he boards out before u can flash

3. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

jungle flasher has to see your drive, if you cannot read the original firmware from it, an unlocked pcb will do you no good, did you install the drivers for the usbpro? start with that and make sure you have all the drivers for it installed correctly, then you will want to start by reading the JF tutorial, it will have you start with the dvdkey tab, once the original firmware has been read, then you will have to cross the bridge of writing to the drive, which in most cases involve the kamakazee technique, good luck!

4. pyrasius

pyrasius Member

thank you peluynati
    thanks your information was very helpful now i just need to figure out how to backup my games.

5. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

hi guys, just a quick one, sorry for hijacking your thread but its definately relevant!

the drive in question in this thread, does the PCB board need soldering onto the drive or is it a swap (plug and play)?

6. palwill

palwill Regular member

you have to de-solder the original board, the PCB doesnt need to be soldered.

7. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

you don't need a pcb. You guys should really read the JF tut. The custom PCB is recommended but not needed. You have to drill into the chip to unlock it which a lot of times damages the pcb. You simply dump the keys, unlock and flash. If you don't have a winbond chipset, then you can cut traces to unlock as well instead of drilling.

8. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

hi mate,
    the drilling into the chip part puts me off, which is why i thought buying the pcb would be more beneficial and less intrusive?

anyhow, could you link me to the JF Tut?
    i think its in need to be read !

9. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

Tutorial & Faq links

10. Mr.Gordon

Mr.Gordon Member

tring to sign up