1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with movie Step Up

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by SillyStar, Jan 11, 2007.

1. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

Ok I have try to burn Step Up for several hours now and it just isn't working. I use ripit4me, followed by shrink, and decrypter. I have burned alot of new movies this way so i know this method works. I keep getting a error while use ripit4for in the decrypter part, not in the actual burning part but the ripping part. It says something about it having cell that won't rip, maybe dirty disc or scratched.
    Can anyone please help?

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You need to check to make sure the disc is reading properly. You can find test software for that in Nero's toolkit. DVDInfoPro does a read test as well. If you have too many faulty sectors it will mess with the recording software. I've seen discs that will play on a standalone player and not record. So just playing won't show that particular problem. Run a read test and tell us what you find.

The DVD is a Touchstone/Disney release. I'm not sure of the copy protection on this one. If it has the Arccoss it may need the FixVTS run in FullDVD, which is the default setting when RI4M is installed using the installer. RI4M was updated yesterday. You should be using the latest version. Did you use 1 click or the wizard when using RI4M?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Alkohol is right on the DVDFab Decrypter, it's another good freeware ripper. A good one, but not free, is AnyDVD. It has a full function 3 week trial. When a backup doesn't work right, most of us that have been at it a while switch to another software setup real fast to see if it's something to do with the software or a physical problem with the DVD. You'll find these programs don't bypass the copy protection all the time.

5. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

Hiya,
    Thank you both for helping me and thanks for all the great advice. I did finally get the movie by using my old method of burning them which is to use the guide that alkohol wrote awhile back ago. Using DVDFab Decrypter, VOB, Shrink, and then back to regular Decrypter to burn with. I didn't get the replies until after I had already figured it out,LOL. Isn't that always the way it goes though,LOL.
    But however I really do appreicate all your help.
    Thanks,
    Star

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

You're welcome. Glad you've got it all sorted out with the guide (DVDFab Decrypter +VobBlanker GUIDE). Yep, I primarily used my DVDFab Decrypter and VobBlanker guide because nearly 99.99% I had to "delete & balnk" out useless junks (i.e. FBI Warnings, rating screens/logos, previews/advertisements, extra junks, etc.)

Keep us posted and best of luck. Now enjoy your favorite backups to the fullest.