1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with multiple ISO's+PS2 Game. (New to this)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Lyus, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Lyus

Lyus Member

Hey, I'm pretty new to this so cut me some slack. I recentlly downloaded a torrent which contained, to my shock, 43 .rar archives. This download was supposed to somehow contain a PS2 game which I was in need of backing up. 42 of the .rar archives have, from what it looks like, the same file in them. While the 43rd one is a bit smaller in size. When I open the first archive it present sme with an ISO. From what I have been reading (and granted Im very new to this) all I needed to do was burn this ISO to a DVD-R and pop it into my Swap Magic enabled PS2. I downloaded both ImgBurn and Alchohol 120% and attempted to burn the ISO to the DVD. The burns were successful, yet when I booted up my PS2 with Swap Magic, and attempted to use the game it gave me the "Not a Valid PS2 Game" message. I attempted the burn agian, at different speeds (2x-2.4x-6x-8x) and still nothing. Here is a list of the things I so far have installed which might be helpful in trying to solve my issue:

ImgBurn
    Alchohol 120%
    winRar
    I'm using Maxwell DVD-R's

I can't tell if I am supposed to remove ALL of the ISO's from ALL of the archives, or if there is a step I am missing somewhere in between. If anyone could help out, it would be great.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Basically, from my limited understand of WinRAR, all you have to do is extract the ISO from the very first file of the 43 archives you have. What WinRAR does is split the entire ISO into parts and certain sizes like 50 megs each. What you do is open the first one i.e. .001 part and then you should have extracted the entire ISO. For example, let's say each file is 50 megabytes, right? All 43 files are 50 megs each. If you Extract from the 1st file, it would extract the data from the 1st one + the rest of the 42 remaining.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  3. Lyus

Lyus Member

***UPDATE***

So I managed to get the ISO extracted ran winRar and watched it extract the information from all files. This produced an ISO that is about 2.37Gigs. I burned the ISO using Alcohol 120% and activated the setting "Book Type DVD+R/DVD+RW disc as DVD-ROM". When I loaded the newly burned DVD with Magic Swap, it seems to read it but just stay at a black screen. The game never comes up, and the laser does not move. Are my settings off, or am I still doing something wrong? Is it also a possiblity that this might not be the entire game? 2.37Gigs for a PS2 game is kind of low.

Hit me up with a response.