1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP WITH MY BACKUP GAMES

Discussion in 'PS2' started by a51, Apr 11, 2005.

1. a51

a51 Guest

sorry if this has been posted before, but i have some of my backup ps2 games in my pc. i was using winrar to compress them down, to see if i could just put 2 games on a dvdr for a backup. but cannot figure how to get them compressed so small. i have seen file compressed from 4gb to 2gb just would like to know how to do it. any help would sure be nice.

2. a51

a51 Guest

just incase this is my own games but need to make backup copys so if they get scratch or broke i will have the winrar files.

3. a51

a51 Guest

BUMP!!

4. BlazeWiz

BlazeWiz Member

By backup, you do mean backup the image so you can free up space on your hard drive right? If you compress a backup and try to play it on the ps2, it won't work. The ps2 doesn't know how to uncompress your game.
    As far as acutally compressing the games, some games go from 4 gigs to 2 because, i believe, of the dummy files. They follow a pattern that can easily be compressed, leaving only the acutal game in size.

5. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

i believe he's talking strictly storage wise for storage on dvdr's not for playing, like putting them into a rar file and trying to reduce the size overall and also have them so he can re-extract them if his current discs get scratched, ya know so he wouldn't be SOL

6. a51

a51 Guest

yes, i was needing to compress them down so i could get more than one on a dvd for storage, that way when they get all scrached up i can just un compress one and make a new disk.

7. a51

a51 Guest

bump!!!!!!

8. Slygun

Slygun Guest

Install Winrar. Rite click on the file or folder that you want to compress and select add to archive. A window will pop up. Under Compression Method sellect BEST. This will compress it at the highest level.

PS. Get a dual layer dvd burner and a dual layer dvd. You will then have over 8 gigs of space to save too and may be able to save 4 or five games on one dvd!!!!