1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP with my CD-writer!!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by aboujouj, Jul 12, 2003.

1. aboujouj

aboujouj Guest

I really need some advice...I have been trying all what I know about operating sytems and cd writers, but nothing is working...THAT'S MY STORY:

Yesterday, my nero program wasn't starting anymore. It was in fact starting in the background, but never showing up on the foreground. I reinstalled it, but nothing happens.

So I decided to download the CD creator 5 from a friend...but SURPRISINGLY, after installing the software, the PC decided not to reboot anymore!!!! Till the moment that I found that there is an option in windows XP that you can reboot like the last success reboot...

BUT BUT, after rebooting, abd SURPRISINGLY again, the CD writer(LG-CED-8120B) and the CD-Rom (8522b) disapperead from my computer driver list!!! Afterwards, I discovered in the Device manager that they are still there, but there is a problem with them... (the yellow question marks)

So I uninstalled them and let Windows XP discovered them again.... it did, but at the end, it gives a message saying that there was a problem with installing the hardwares....and NO drivers (CD-roms or CD-writers) actually apperead in my computer!!!!!!!!!!

Bear with me my friends....I am really trying for hours!!! I also tried the restore option of windows xp, and surprisingly again, it was saying that the restore couldn't be accomplished!!!!!
    I am waiting for ANY ADVICE!!! PLEASE HELP!

Georges

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Is the CD drive detected during bootup? If not, check the cables