1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with my flip-top!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by PointGod, Sep 27, 2004.

1. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

I just rented Def jam fight for NY and my ps2 flip-top is making some messed up noises and while it makes the noises, the game takes sooo long to load or stops when the noises start. whats happeneing!? (I loosed 2 screws from the case of it, and lowered the little white disk, no solution, and i tried taking out the little white disk and placing directly on top, and it didnt help, but it did break one of the pieces of the flip-top that holds the disk in place!) help!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

First of all, you'll probly need to fix the piece you broke, just crazy glue it or something. Secondly, does the ps2 make the noise with other disks or just that disk and does the sound sound like it's coming from the tray motor or the laser?

3. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

well the super glue I have didnt work, so I unscrewed and took out the piece that hols the white disk in place, lol, so I will jus put the white disk directly on the game and close the lid. The ps2 has been making the noise with all games I've been renting(I havent backed up any games since I bought madden 2005), and I THINK the noise is coming from the laser.

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

sounds like a dirty or missaligned laser or dirty/scratched disk to me

5. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

disk is BRAND new, and the same stuff happened with a BRAND new NHL 2K5 I rented, maybe the laser is dirty? should I clean it? how?

6. dud0r

dud0r Member

use a cue tip with some alcohol on it

7. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you can get a ps2 repair guide from my site that has pictures and step by step instructions for a lot of repairs

8. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

I looked on that and I duno where to find how to clean the laser

9. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the guide is in the downloads section, and cleaning the laser is the first part of the guide

10. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Here is the fix. Open the lid and place the disk on the spinner. No carefully use your fingers to spin the dvd disk around until it is centered on the spindle. Once it is centered, you should be able to spin the disk with your finger with no scratching sounds. Then place that white magnet on the top of the spindle and close the lid. It should work then. If it is still rubbing, the flip top assembly is probably not seated all the way on top of the case. Make sure it is seated all the way down against the bottom part of the PS2. Hope this helps
    Later
    Aaron

11. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

well about what he said ^^^... I losened 2 screws of the ps2 that holds the flip-top to it... should i tighten those again?!