1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Nero Recode ripping error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by PapaPrem, Jun 5, 2004.

1. PapaPrem

PapaPrem Member

I decided to use Nero Recode 2 because I wanted to re-author a movie and keep the menu. I have DVD43 running in the background. After ripping with Nero Recode 2, I saved the video files on to the hard disk. I then set everything up to burn the the dvd files (.vob files etc.) with Nero as a DVD-Video. However, after clicking on Burn Compilation, I got a message that stated: "DVD=Video files test failed. The resulting DVD-Video might be unplayable. Do you want to continue?" On the (error) log file, the lines stated:

UDF/ISO compilation
    11:25:47 AM #1 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 901
    Required file 'VIDEO_TS.IFO' is not present

11:25:47 AM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 901
    Required file 'VIDEO_TS.BUP' is not present

11:25:47 AM #3 Phase 117 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1845
    DVD-Video files compliance test failed

Now I'm totally lost as to what I should do. I don't know why Nero Recode 2 didn't rip the 'VIDEO_TS.IFO' and 'VIDEO_TS.BUP' files. Could someone help me right this wrong?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

It sounds like you were importing .vobs directly into Recode, or at any rate the titles you are working with are not DVD-Video compliant because you're missing the .ifo and .bup files.
    I'm not quite sure how you managed to do this, Recode's browser does not open the VIDEO_TS folder. (At least I did not think it could!)

I have the same programs so this is what I do, in a nutshell...

Open Recode 2 and select "Copy entire DVD to DVD".
    Click on "Import Titles".

The browser window opens so I browse for the movie in my ROM, expand it to reveal the VIDEO_TS folder.

Click on the VIDEO_TS folder to highlight then select OK.

This will put the entire movie into Recode, which will analyze, and when completed, I can remove the titles, audio and sub-pictures I don't want.

When finished here, I select "Next" and set the burn settings as needed. I don't use disc at once.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

BTW, when you get a
    That's a good time to stop and find the problem. 99% of the time burning after this message appears will result in a coaster.

Cheers,
    Frank

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

In Nero if you 'Remake' (similiar to reauthor in Shrink) a DVD you will not have any menus. It's pretty much Movie Only. If you are having ripping problems try it with DVDDecrypter. If you do the whole DVD in Recode you can disable but not really totally remove. Nero will want to insert a pic as a place holder to maintain the DVD structure.

5. PapaPrem

PapaPrem Member

Thank you guys for the advice. I decided to rip the movie again and this time the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files were there. I used the "Copy entire DVD to DVD" option. This allowed me to get rid of the extras, while supposedly keeping the menu intact. However, after it finished ripping/encoding, I checked the ripped copy. I was unable to click on any of the items on the menu screen. The menu screen seemed totally unaccessable and disabled. I should have at least been able to navigate the menu screen. Then the menu just automatically started advancing by itself until it reached the main movie. This is odd because I included all the menu items including the root menu when I ripped the DVD. The only thing I excluded were the extras, which I replaced with a picture. However, I wasnt able to even navigate anywhere on the menu screen. Could someone help me out here?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004