1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with Nero Vision Express 3

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by JeVo, Apr 20, 2005.

1. JeVo

JeVo Member

Is there a switch to the burning screen? I mean when it burn out, the movie screen is tall instead of full screen and if it's a wide screen movie...it burn out into the middle of the screen which leaves the whole black area around the movie. I have try and look, but I don't see anything to it. Please help.

2. c4evap

c4evap Member

Sounds like you're talking about the [bold]aspect ratio[/bold] setting. To change it click on the [bold]More[/bold] button at the bottom left of the window. That will reveal some settings buttons. Then click on the [bold]Video Options[/bold] button. That will open a small window - click on the [bold]DVD-Video[/bold] tab and you'll see the settings for the [bold]aspect ratio[/bold]. There will be 3 settings: 4:3 - 16:9 and Automatic. Choose the one you need. Hope this helps.

[​IMG] c4evap

3. JeVo

JeVo Member

I did change that over and over the first few times but I still get the same thing. No matter if I switch it to a different one, it still won't change the tall screen.

4. c4evap

c4evap Member

Might be the video file you are trying to encode. I had one like that a few months ago. No matter what I did it wouldn't encode properly. I ended up downloading it again and then it worked. What type of video is it? MPEG, AVI, MP4, VOB, etc.

[​IMG] c4evap

5. JeVo

JeVo Member

it used to be AVI, which I made it to mpeg.

6. c4evap

c4evap Member

I always just use Nero on my AVI files. It converts them to that format anyway. Try importing the AVI file into Nero and see what happens. I seem to have better results that way. I'm curious...wht did you convert it to MPEG?

[​IMG] c4evap

7. JeVo

JeVo Member

Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD MPEG Converter Pro

My DVD player can't play AVI, that's why I need to convert it and beside, I need to add subtitle to the movie.

8. c4evap

c4evap Member

No one's DVD player can play AVI files. DVD players need VOB files. If you re-read my post you'll see that I said It (Nero) converts them to that format (VOB) anyway. Subtitles? Well, I don't use them so I can't help with that. If that program you mentioned works for you...cool. Go for it.

[​IMG] c4evap

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005