1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with new dvd drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tiny35, Apr 12, 2007.

1. tiny35

tiny35 Member

Hi. The question i need answered is this: I have a 360 that i bought from e-bay that needs a replacement dvd drive. I read somewhere here that in order to replace a drive, i will need to unlock it first? Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows me step by step what i will need to do in order to unlock the replacement dvd drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you will need your DVD Key and i think you need original Drive to Get that....

3. tiny35

tiny35 Member

Yes but how do I go about getting that original key? Please advise...

4. theridges

theridges Guest

i believe the only way to get the original key you will need the original DVD Drive for that 360 or a external programmer which will take some real skill...

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

6. theridges

theridges Guest

it wont work because he dont have the original drive for his 360...

7. steimy

steimy Active member

well, i did some searching and really came up with nothing useful. I think without the orignal drive you just bought a 360 shaped paper weight.

8. theridges

theridges Guest

yep thats moreless what he did....
    i would keep it laying around for when a real modchip hits the scene then you can probably put any dvd drive on there....

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

He said he needed a replacement dvd drive, but he didn't mention if he had the bad drive or not. So that's why I offered the link. If by chance he does have it.

10. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

a real modchip. hmm... do u know a website where i can learn more about 360 programming and stuff i think i might be able to make a solution. like i think i might be able to make a programmer but it will have to read the code of the 360's mobo right? or else the codes won't match. unless i modchip the mobo and take out some security shit.