1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With Online Backup!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Prize99, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

I read the tutorial off PS2NFO and thought I got my backup to work online. I was able to burn the disc ID util .cue to a CDr and load it in my PS2 with SMD with no problem. I was also able to get the Disc ID for the game I wanted to backup. I did use the original game to get the Disc ID, the game was NFL Street 2(SLUS version). I will not have the game for long because I borrowed it from a friend. But I do have the ISO saved on my Hard Drive. My problem was converting the Disc ID and then burning it even though I thought everything went smoothly. I used Image Patcher 1.6 just like it told me to then Select image->scan file->verify version-> put in the original Disc ID-> then patched it, then i burnt it to a dvdr (the game worked but not online). What did I do wrong? When I loaded the backup to see the Disc ID it was different from the original game. Also when I downloaded the game to my HD it made two seperate files the ISO which I burned to a dvdr and a MDS file(which was pretty small). What is the MDS file?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

sound like you did everything right. I would try burning a different online game (some people are having problems with nfl 2)>

3. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

OK, I'm gonna try it with a different game(MLB 2006). Can u awnser what the MDS file is though? Also which is better to use to patch backup games for online use, Disc ID inserter OR image patcher?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

image patcher is easier. The mds file just gives some info about the image and points to it. you should burn the mds file every time.

5. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

Having more problems now?! Very P.O.ed! Image patcher wont even let me put the Disc ID in for MLB 2006 The error message states: ERROR: The Image File is not DN*S enabled or uses an unsupported version!
    Would the other method of Disc insertor work?!
    Also how would i burn the MDS file along with the ISO using decrypter? Is that maybe the reason why i cant get the disc ID to a DVDr? ThanX 4 ur help so far!

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

maybe
    when you burn the mds file, it automatically burns the iso.
    the mds file is to iso as
    cue file is to bin

7. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

Thanks for ur help so far. I got NFL street 2 to work online, actually i didnt need to change anything but i thought it wouldnt work, but it did, went online on the backup yesterday. Also, one more question I read in a different thread that you can use other games Disc ID (original) and put them in any other DNAS online game. Is this true or does it have to be the same game? I was consiedering using my NHL 2005 ID off the original to put in MLB 2006 (backup), would it work?

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ive heard that too, but haven't tried it myself.