1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with ONLINE!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fallback, Apr 16, 2003.

1. fallback

fallback Member

Help!...i am trying to setuo my network adaptor but it isn't working.

I have it connected from my cable modem thru a ethernat cord. I set up the system and when it does the test it fails. (btw i use powerlink..if anyone knows if this cuases a problem and how to fix it ).

If anyone vcan help it would be great.

2. JonL

JonL Member

Is there any software that your provider requires to gain internet access? Usually cable modem setups don't if I recall correctly. Also, are you sure you're using a patch cable and not a crossover?

3. fallback

fallback Member

No, the modem is plug-and -play..plus what is the diff from path to crossover?

Hoe do u setup this adaptor...it won't connect?

4. JonL

JonL Member

A patch cable is designed to go PC to Router, or hub, etc. Crossover is for connecting two PC's directly together.

Try this, unplug the modem with it connected to the PS2. Then, plug it back in, wait until it initializes itself, then try again.

5. onetwo

onetwo Member

If you're using a Linksys network USB adapter, there are some games that for some reason don't work, for example: Automodelista & Midnight Club II. Don't ask me why, because I really don't know, but I read that Somewhere.
    I'll give you more details later,
    But you can use that network adapter, for Madden 2003 and Socom US Navy, I tried them and they work fine.
    But If you're using the Playstation Brand Network card, maybe the problem could be a defective Network card or using a crossover cable between the cable modem and the network card.

Don't use Crossover cable, the following is just information for your knowledge..

Building an RJ-45 Crossover Cable
    This page provides pin out information for a crossover cable for the following:
    Connecting two machines (only) via Ethernet without the use of a hub or switch
    Connecting two CSU/DSU's back to back for testing Wide Area Network (WAN) configurations.

Cable Pin out:
    RJ-45 RJ-45
    Connector Connector
    ----------------------
    pin 1 -> pin 3
    pin 2 -> pin 6
    pin 3 -> pin 1
    pin 6 -> pin 2

6. bigbobw

bigbobw Guest

The easiest thing to do is buy a router and then you can hook both your computer and ps2 at the same time.

7. fallback

fallback Member

OK i got it to setup with the network adaptor cd and the demo for madden to work.

But it won't comnnect for any other game such as tony hawk or socom or atv 2. What do i do to fix this now?

8. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

From the sounds of it all u need is a hub and a PC with 2 NIC's. which would be cheaper than a routher. With Windows XP you can do internet connection sharing. setup is like this:

cable modem to Nic 1 in pc
    Nic 2 to hub
    hub to network adapter in ps2

in this scenario patch cable, crossover cable doesnt matter you can use either. if youre having problems try rebooting your cable modem as PS2 is trying to accquire IP addres. I know this works because I use this setup with XBox Live and 3 comps.

9. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

Ahh sony network cards are the devline in my opnion, i had oen worked fine for about 2 months was happy with it then it all happend, i go to play socom online with a freind network card stoped responding and so on so forth so i play with it and coyuld neevr get it to work, then tried it in my freinds sytem it was dead then tried his in mine and it didnt work,, i bput the network card back in his and it worked fine but mine was toast also my expan.. slot was toasted after that so i had to end up gettting a Go2net usb one and it works fine... jsut wonderign if anyone had this happen to them????