1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with original R4 "loading" error.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Izic, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Izic

Izic Member

Hi all.

ive been doing a lot of research about this problem. the cart is not a clone. i have a 4gbtf micro sd card. ive tryed the r4 kernal along with other frimwheres. but i just cant get past the loading screen. any help would be nice :) if you need farther info just ask away.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. palwill

palwill Regular member

you are either using the wrong firmware or aren't putting it in the root of your card.

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

look on your r4, it will give you a site to go to. download the correct firmware eg 1.4 etc.

4. Izic

Izic Member

ive tryed alot of diffrent ones including the one off the website on box(www.r4ds.cn). ive tryed the most updated one and some other outdated ones. along with wood r4.YSmenu.
    but no matter what i do i get the loading screen.everytime. could it be that im using a 4gb micro sd card.it is non-sdhc. only other card i have is an 8gb sdhc card.as for not having it on the root.im not an egghead. it is on the root of the sdcard.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. Izic

Izic Member

any one have some insite on this? ive tryed just about every os/kernal/frimware/waht ever u want to call it. ive dertermend based on some websites(,) That my card is not a clone.Ive tryed .and and . i just cant figgure it out im still getting the loading error...

6. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

1 or 2gb card, the non sdhc cards 4gb were very flakey (how you got one I have no idea!), very few applications / devices would run with them.

7. Izic

Izic Member

thats what i thought... i got it off of buy.com .returning it asap.other thought it works on my phone.still tho thanks for conferming my thoughts on this sdcard.hopefully ill be able to get a 2gb card soon.whats the best brand to get for it?sandisk most likely.