1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with outlook express

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Nrth16, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

Hey everyone,

My mom is having problems with outlook express. I dont use it so I dont know much about it however when she trys to open the icon an error pops up saying:

illegal operation MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSOE.DLL

I do not know what this means or know how to fix it? it is for her work and she told me that is where she gets emails from other companys and she needs to find a way back into outlook express. if anyone can help that would be great.

thanks again

2. ireland

ireland Active member

MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSOE.dll / unknown / Directdb.dll in folders.dbx using rules

When you start Outlook Express or attempt to send an e-mail message, you may receive one of the following error messages

* Msimn caused an exception C0000006h in module Directdb.dll ( using rules )
    * Outlook Express: The message could not be sent. There is not enough Disk space. ( using rules )
    * Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131 ( using rules )

Solution - Microsoft KB article Q233264.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/233264

This behavior can occur if the Folders.dbx file is missing, damaged, or using the read-only attribute.

Rename the Folders.dbx file:

1.Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
    2.In the Named box, type folders.dbx.
    3.In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
    4.Right-click the Folders.dbx file, and then click Rename.
    5.Type folders.old, and then click OK.
    6.Start Outlook Express. This creates a new Folders.dbx file automatically

3. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

thanks my friend it worked !!!!