1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with playing svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by lejardin, Aug 13, 2003.

1. lejardin

lejardin Member

I make a SVCD(Mpeg2)and it's working fine on my computer.Bur i went to insrt the disk in my standlone DVD player,doesn't work.I have a Toshiba SD-K620 and it's compatible with CDR-CDR-RW.What i do wrong,do i need to redo the copy of the disk,and what type of software di i need.thanks for your help

2. mattoo

mattoo Guest

i think ur prob. is your dvd player, you need to make sure it plays SVCD, it was a pain in the ass for me, but i got a 5disc by philips.

3. lejardin

lejardin Member

I don't think it's a problem with my DVD player,because i put a SVCD(stars wars)from a friend of mine,and it's works fine,I think the problem is the first time when i burn the CD,i do something wrong(I was using Alcohol 120 as a propgram to burn the image)Any suggestions?Can i repair or make an another vcd instead.The file is an MPEG2(AVSEQO1),because i don't have the file anymore,i just have the cd that i copied.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

NTSC or PAL and did u use good reliable media?