1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with ps2 burning

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tatayrook, Nov 15, 2004.

1. tatayrook

tatayrook Member

hi all i have read and dune my reasearch on how to burn ps2 games, well at least i think i have lol.. anyways, i just got a new DVD BURNER and wanted to try to backup my ps2 games and this is what i did.
    1.i got DVD DECRYPTER and made a ISO.
    2. i burned just the ISO.file on a DVD+R cd at 2x speed using DVD DECRYPTER
    3.i got the MAGIC SLIDE to boot up any backup ps2 games

HERE IS THE PROBLEM
    i put the sawp disk and say to "insert disk" i then change it to my back up disk but when it reads it it seems like it wants to boot up but then i get a pink screen like in the edge of my TV and it freezes

please help i dont know what im doing wrong do i need a patch file or another type of DVD cd to burn the ISO file? PLEASE HELP ^_^ you can e mail me at rookie2_90029@yahoo.com

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what version ps2 do you have? did you try -r? what brand dvd?

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hey,

Before ordering your slide Tool with swap Magic 3, did you check which version of PS2 you had?

You can easily tell by switching your PS2 off, unplugging in, and turning it upside down and pulling off the rubber pads to see the screws and count them.
    Or simply just count the rubber pads =\
    But this is important before ordering. I would personally go for the FlipTop PS2 Lid [http://www.psxservices.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=146] It is EASY to do and hassle-free

I also think you should go for Datawrite or Infiniti DVD-R and burn at 2x

4. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

tatayrook, I had the same problem for a while. Its your media, switch your dvd's to a quality dvd-r.

5. tatayrook

tatayrook Member

hey guys im so stupid i just forgot that i had to slide it back to the left side to lock the cd rom tray on my ps2. it workes just find . i would like to get some tip on how to burn a regular dvd movie i try using nero but it game me a error and tips on good software to use thanks rick

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member