1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with ps2 question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by epekbrick, Oct 2, 2007.

1. epekbrick

epekbrick Regular member

hey peeps um i have a question my ps2 has problems reading disc i put my game on and a (read disc error) pops up but it also gives my games a perfect circle scratch on my games what does this mean is the laser dirty or is it broken can someone help me with this and point me on the right direction please thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

Do you have a slimline or original? Cause my cousin has a slim and uses SM. He used the magic keys and the metel piece closest to last was not down all the way and it kept scratching his discs in a perfect circle, like you said.

3. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

I am all about the straw mod for the slim ps2. Instead of using the magic key tools, you can use a straw in the far back instead. This won't scratch your games like the metal key you talk about here.

4. epekbrick

epekbrick Regular member

i have a big box ps2 so what should i do

5. HG27

HG27 Guest

wow, I've never heard of original ps2's scratching discs like that. You should probably take it apart to get at the lens itself.

6. epekbrick

epekbrick Regular member

and what should i do clean it b/c when i insert a game it says read disc error! so what should with the lens clean it ???????or ??????? help please!!!!!!

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

8. HG27

HG27 Guest

That site is perfect. Just remember to try the easy stuff first. Like checking the quality of the disc and cleaning the laser with a q-tip and alcohol. Then go onto the cogwheel and POT tweak. Also if you are a beginner at this stuff watch tutorials on how to do this stuff. Youtube and some gaming sites will help.