1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with PS2 Version 7 SCPH 39001

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HaloSlayer255, Apr 14, 2012.

1. HaloSlayer255

HaloSlayer255 Member

Hello,

I was wondering does the PS2 SCPH 39001 need the "H" Point soldered using the Modbo 4.0 modchip.

The SX point on the diagram, is it going to the resistor or to the capacitor?

If I am recieveing the "Insert Playstation of Playstation 2 format disk" error with the modchip could it be the media I am using, currently I am using Memorex x52 media.

If the memorex media is considered to be less than acceptable for backups could I use Verbatim media such as here for DVD-Rs or how about here for CD-Rs

If anyone could give me advice this would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you in advance,
    HaloSlayer255

Update: here are the links to the pictures

http://www.mediafire.com/?8bdlod71h...66ubk49gav2yo,8m5x53o2f8m5iu5,jyzueobo7xa268d

I only created a free mediafire account so you may need to select the files then go to download page sorry for any inconvienience on my part

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. HaloSlayer255

HaloSlayer255 Member

Well I think I might have killed the console, I did find the H connection and tried to get the wires smaller, but I might have bridged/overheated the CD/DVD IC controller. Is there anyway I could salvage the console?

Could anyone help me out? Perhaps Smokeyrain?

Thanks in advance,
    HaloSlayer255