1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with psp homebrew!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Blahs, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Blahs

Blahs Member

This is gonna be slightly long, so bear with me...

I've been to a lot of sites, but they all just give little bits and pieces of information, so I thought I'd just ask:

How do I play homebrew games on my PSP? Specifically PS1 games. Now before you all get "it's illegal" and "we'll ban you from the forum", I actually own the games, its just that i want to play them on the PSP.

My PSP FW is 2.81 and the motherboard that IC1003 thingy...i believe it the TA-82, or something.

Lots of sites just say that if you have that combination of motherboard and FW, you cant do it and you just have to wait, while others say that it is possible by upgrading or downgrading the firmware, but then they start talking about bricking the psp and stuff.

I'm am a complete noob at this whole psp thing, so any help (detailed would be nice) would be great!

What do I need to do?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  2. vdojunkie

vdojunkie Member

you need to downgrade ur psp to 1.5. then install a custom firmware. to play psx game u need to convert them to a eboot file. go to http://www.psphacking101.com/node/51. also that site has a video on how to downgrade & install a custom firmware

3. Blahs

Blahs Member

Thanx

all others also seem to point towards having the GTA:LCS unpatched game, so now i'm off looking for that.

at least i finaly know what to do...

4. vdojunkie

vdojunkie Member

good luck. let me know how that goes

5. beachCHIK

beachCHIK Member

hey,

my little bro just got an new psp and he is ubsessed with pokemon games, as the other guy said i know its illegal (bad me) but if some one could explain what to do to be able to put pokemon games on that would be nice (I love links if possable) i think he has verson 3.11.1 on it if thats the one. umm while im at it, i would like to know how to get movies on to my psp. i have like 3 movies and when i throw them on they say unsupported data if someone could tell me how to get rid of that that would be nice.

plez reply, hes getting annoyingly impatient.
    thanks in advance to whoever answers me

6. Blahs

Blahs Member

YES!!!

it worked! now im playing all my ps1 games on my psp.
    Took me about the whole af last week to find the GTA:LCS game...its like it was nowhere to be found. Not one store in my area had it! except one local video store (the only one to rent psp games).

Now all I need is to get a bigger memory stick, so i can load more fabulous games!

to beachCHIC:
    i dont know much about the games thing for your psp. i do know that you need some custom firmware, but dont know how to install it to your psp with fw 3.11.

i do about the video thing, you need a program to convert the video to the correct format before you can view it on the psp. use psp video 9 or something, they will convert it to the correct format, or just use Nero. it has a built in feature to convert videos to psp format and will also automatically transfer it to the psp into the correct folder. that would be the (psp):/MS_ROOT/100MNV01

the psp should then see the movie/video

good luck