1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with PSP replacement part. Pretty simple....

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by esquivias, Jul 15, 2007.

1. esquivias

esquivias Member

THIS IS THE IMAGE OF THE PROBLEM:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i just pulled apart my PSP to take a look at my MEMORY CARD SLOT/NETWORK CARD/ HEADPHONE JACK input device. I see it has a cord attached to it that is also attached to some GOLD CARD that says HITACHI CABLE. my question is..... would i be able to take that cord off by simply detaching it from the device. MY GOAL:

i want to replace the MEMORY CARD/ NETWORK CARD/ HEADPHONE JACK input device with a new one because my HEADPHONE MICROPHONE doesn't work. I just want to be able to take off that cord and place it in the new incoming device without any damage. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Thats the wifi antenna it pops right off on the memory card side. n will work on all the other memory card reader chip thing. However, i havent really looked at this, but i remember that when u buy the memroy card chip thing it doesnt come with the Wifi chip, which is the silver thing, i donno if it pop off or or needs to be soldered

3. esquivias

esquivias Member

yeah. well, the piece that i saw comes with everything but the wire. if i could just disconnect that little wire from the device and put it on the new one then it should work perfectly. do you know if i would need a special tool to take it off. i dont want to pop it off with a screwdriver and mess it up, u know?

4. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

I'd carefully yanked it up by the edge of the metal circle piece at the end of the wire. i donno if there are tools for it, but those connectors are also used in many wifi devices and i always just yanked them up carefully, they work still so its not too much to worry about.

5. esquivias

esquivias Member

ill give it a try. thanks alot