1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with PSP slim wont read umds or play games

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by phrix626, Feb 7, 2008.

1. phrix626

phrix626 Member

So a friend gave me his slim psp to fix. He had bricked it. I unbricked using pandora Despertar Cementerio v4 to install 3.8 m33. That worked fine. The only problem is it won't play any games what so ever. umds homebrew you name it. the strange thing is if i turn it on with a umd in it locks up after the sony logo and won't boot to XMB. What could the problem be?
    oh yeah ive already tried cleaning the laser lens.

One more thing: It plays music and movies from MS just fine

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. GamerZ2

GamerZ2 Member

does the wifi still work,if it does not work then it the the broken idstorage keys of that psp.in case of slim psp's the chances of fixing the problem is less.do u have the nand backup of that slim,if not the chances are also slim.try to follow this guide

When you have a working full nand dump safely stored somewhere, use the Cemetery V3 stick to restore it to your PSP. On the fat, you can also use Cory's upNandTool or a similar tool, on the slim you can also use Cemetery V1 or V2. Don't try to use Pandora, because it does a logical restore and for this problem, you need a physical restore. Remember that it's impossible to restore any other PSP's nand dump, because you will screw up IDStorage beyond any repair!!!

When you don't have a nand backup but your PSP is a fat, get a nand backup from another PSP. It may be of any fw version, although only 1.50 will boot instantly. The important part is the partitioning, not the nand contents. Before doing anything to your bricked PSP, use Pandora or any Cemetery stick to create a full backup of your nand! Store it safely on your PC, and maybe a copy on another media. After making sure your nand backup is safe, use Cemetery V3 to restore the other nand dump. Pandora will not work because you need a physical restore, not a logical. When you restored a 1.50 dump, your PSP should now boot again. With any other firmware, it will still be a brick. You should now be able to use Pandora or Cemetery to unbrick it. All that remains is to restore your own IDStorage, or your PSP will be homebrew only. Use the dump you created from your own bricked PSP and Cory's upNandTool to restore IDStorage only without overwriting the other nand contents. Now your PSP should be fully functional again.

When you don't have a nand backup and your PSP is a slim, you're screwed. Restoring another PSP's nand dump won't work because of the protections Sony added to the slim on nand level, including signing and encryption. If you still want to give it a go, you can try the procedure described above for the fat. But use the 64M version of upNandTool instead. And only use another slim's nand dump, a fat's dump will definitely not work.

FINAL WARNING !!!
    Especially on the Slim, before doing anything that writes to your nand (including regular updates), create a nand dump! Store it on your PC and on another media and make sure it's safe! Currently it's your only chance of unbricking a full brick!

3. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

I knew that you can also use pandora to restore nand phisically.

This command is on the unbricking/downgrading menu.

Press lala lala la to restore nand dump phisically(can t remember the button)

4. phrix626

phrix626 Member

5. GamerZ2

GamerZ2 Member

I think this would do the job for u.go ahead and try it,and report wheather u have succeded.we will be here to help u anytime.

6. phrix626

phrix626 Member

Thanks,
    I'll let you know if it works

7. leobo

leobo Member

When u start up your psp make sure you press the select button and change your umd iso mode to M33DRIVE and you should be able to play your games