1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with PSX ISO/CSO on 3.03OE-A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by stoneyhil, Jan 13, 2007.

1. stoneyhil

stoneyhil Member

Hello,

First time posting here, and I'm having a bit of trouble playing PSX games in .ISO (or .CSO) format on 3.03OE-A. Every place I've read says to create an "ISO" folder in the root of your memstick, and just throw the ISO (or CSO) files in there. When I do this, and then go to the memstick section of the Game menu...it just says "Data is corrupted" and I cannot launch the game. I also read that you need to have a UMD game in the drive, which I do.

I can take the same exact ISO file and convert it to an EBOOT.PBP and it plays fine (from the PSP\GAME\ directory). I've tried about 4 different game ISO's, and I always get this result when trying to use an ISO/CSO. What am I doing wrong, what do I have to do to run ISO/CSO files on 3.03OE-A? I know I've got to be missing a critical step, but I've been reading for hours and can't find anything about my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. stoneyhil

stoneyhil Member

Anyone? I could really use some help.

3. ZenDuo

ZenDuo Guest

your opening statement says about playing psx games. so are you having trouble with psx games, or psp iso's? psx games do go in there own folder within the game folder. psp iso's need to go on the root of the mem card in the folder named ISO...

4. stoneyhil

stoneyhil Member

So you're saying put the ISO or CSO file for the psx game in it's own folder in "PSP\GAME\"? I hadn't tried that, but when I do I still get "Corrupted Data" in the Game menu no matter what psx ISO or CSO file I use.

Does anyone know if ISO/CSO files do in fact run natively in 3.03OE-A? It sounds like people are getting this to work, I've gotta be missing something.