1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with reset/eject button

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SwampRat, May 20, 2003.

1. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I pulled out the cable that connected the reset/eject button to the system. Does anyone know a way of re-connecting the cord or any pictures of where to connected it?

2. Dizturbed

Dizturbed Guest

your goin to have to open up the bottom of the ps2, coz when you life up the cd-drive part of it im pretty sure that the lead goes under. i have to replace mine aswell coz my reset button wont work so if i find a guide ill post it.

3. importerx

importerx Member

look under the tray. notice 3 color connections to the left is the connection where the ribbon goes. take something small to unlock(brown if unlocked). push the ribbon in blue side down, now get under and push up it should lock. pull on it a little to check. get someone to help if possible. go to ps2 repair discussion for any repair needs.

4. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

thanks

5. cheib

cheib Member

I did the same exact thing when I installed my fliptop and I did what importerx did, I used a nail file and just applied a little pressure to pop the piece up where the ribbon goes and slid it in blue side down then took the nail file again and pressed the top back down again. No need to take apart the whole ps2.