1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With Ridisc Xtreme Discs, Never had a problem burning untill i got these discs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pwhile, Apr 11, 2007.

1. pwhile

pwhile Member

I have always bought Verbatim discs and i could always successfully burn my backups using my Lite-On dvd burner on my Sony A317M Laptop. I used either CloneCD or IMGburn.

Ive seen people use Ridisc Xtreme DL dvds and thought i'd give it a go and managed to pick a 25 pack for £18 (The idea was to buy something cheaper than Verbatims). Now when i goto burn my images i get error messages from both programs - something about being write protected??

I decided to download Xbox Backup Creator (V 2.5) and i still get an error message when the process starts. The message i get is:

Action: Set layer 0 capacity
    Sense Error: 5 / 27 / 00
    WRITE PROTECTED
    CDB: SEND DVD STRUCTURE
    0xBF 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 0C 00 00

Any ideas??

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

well i guess they suck.

3. pwhile

pwhile Member

Well i have a few backups done by a mate of mine (ridisc xtreme brand) and they work flawlessly on my xbox360.

Im guessing its my burner/firmware as i tried burning a movie onto one of these discs and it spat it right out :(

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

it culd be that urs is fake or something unless u bought from same store. most likely its ur burner not being compatible. more like the dvds being asses. its ur lucky friend who's burner works. tell him to back it up for u.