1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with San Andreas!! Please

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by parm89, Oct 26, 2004.

1. parm89

parm89 Member

I just got San Andreas and wanted to make a backup I have used Nero and created .iso and burned and it didnt work, it just went to the ps2 screen and then went back to memory card screen, then I burned with DVD decryptor and the exact same thing happened. I have a Apple 2.0 chip in my ps2 and a sony dvd burner, im burning it onto a ritek dvd-r 4x at 1x. are there any other programs I can try. thanks in advance.

2. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

hmmmm...I don't know what the problem could be...I used DVD Decryptor as well...I created the image and burned with DVD Decryptor...I ended with a good copy, no problems what so ever. No boot problems and no loading problems like a lot of people are having. I burned it at 2.4X using a BenQ DVD-R disc...

3. parm89

parm89 Member

I burned it at 1x and others have said burning at 4x or 2x like it says on the DVD is the only way I can go but I dont wanna keep on creating coasters. I am thinking of using Alcohol 120 for the last burn. any suggestions.

4. picz

picz Member

yes alcohol 120 i a good program for making back ups

5. parm89

parm89 Member

Okay, this is really weird but the backup I made yesterday with DVD decryptor didnt work then, but now does, I tried to boot it again and then it screwed up. I also burned a copy with Alcohol and it does the same, it loads sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. I burned at 1x with decryptor and at 2x with alcohol, has any1 else had this happen to them.

6. parm89

parm89 Member

7. m4a1

m4a1 Member

can you tell me the exact size of the iso you ripped?

8. parm89

parm89 Member

4.19 to 4.39 i think dont remember exactly but that was it. works sometimes and sometimes doesnt, weird.

9. m4a1

m4a1 Member

well it could just be a media problem. if it is just get taiyo yuden dvds, or fuji film(make sure made in japan), verbaitem. if not it could be that your ps2 laser or chip is messed up iono

10. punx777

punx777 Regular member

verbatim rock....... (its what i use:)) $.60 usd each @ sams club:)

sounds to me like your chip sucks;) just playin.. my matrix boots em fine burnt onto verbitim, hmm... it might be the chip? what do you guys think?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]matrix infiniy modded ps2
    POS hp, p4, 250 gigs, 1g ram dvd+r/w
    xbox(thinkin about flashing tsop soon)
    www.norcalmods.com did my ps2 mod, cheap n fast:)
    ME LIKE HOCKEY[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  11. legasus9

legasus9 Member

I got GTA San Andreas yesterday and used Nero to copy dvd. I got both a successful read and write. I put the game in my version 1 ps2 and used swap w/slide card and the game has played flawlessly so far, no cd loader necessary. I have an HP 2.6ghz 80gig hd, 200jdvd burner, 512 mg ram, and used verbatim dvd+r. Everything seems to work fine so far. It is definately dvd5 for all the doubters out there. Wooohoooo.