1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with seeing video on my TV from my PC

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by uadbs, Apr 2, 2005.

1. uadbs

uadbs Member

I have the S-Video hooked up from my PC to my TV, but i cannot get my computer screen to show up on my TV, nothing seems to happen. My cable continues to just work as normal, like i dont have the S-video connected.... Do i have to have my TV on a certain channel or do i need to activate something on my computer in order to make this work....if this has been asked and answered in some other thread, i apologize...any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Can"t just Plug the S-Video into your TV and expect it to work...

If your Card in an ATI Card you have to go into your ATI controll Pannel and enable "HydraVision" and also Configure your Output resolution...

If you have a Nvidia Card you have to go into the Nvidia Controll pannell and enable the TV Out...

Cheers

3. jaker18x

jaker18x Member

I am having sort of the same problem...I have a Nvidia FX 5200 with an s-video tv out connection...my TV doesn't have an s-video input or any other inputs beside co-axial...I have the s-video cable hooked up to my Philips receiver, which does have s-video inputs, than through to my tv through an rf modulator. This isn't working...is there anyway I can get it to work? Probably not, eh?

Thanks

4. pfh

pfh Guest

Oh man, it's been a while since I used an rf modulator. Let's see.... can't you just pass the signal thru it and skip the reciever?
    I'm assuming you've got dual monitor enabled in Nvidia controls?

5. jaker18x

jaker18x Member

I have to use the rf modulator because my tv doesn't have any rca inputs, just coaxial cable input...Would the rfmodulator be the problem? My computer doesn't see my tv as being attached

6. pfh

pfh Guest

i wouldn't think so since they are designed for just such a situation as yours. They work with dvd players, game consoles, etc.
    As long as the channel's on all connected devices are the same then you should get a signal.
    Did that 5200 come with a s-video to composite adapter? Could a;ways try that and bypass the reciever. Thereby removing a possible problem in the chain (process of elimination)