1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With Semi-brick

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Karatekun, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Karatekun

Karatekun Member

My friend bought a used PSP yesterday and I downgraded it from 3.50 to 1.50 then upgraded to 3.40 OEA. Worked fine. I installed a Wii theme for him, decided to put a Gears of War theme on, so I completely deleted his flash0 and put in a fresh copy. Since then, it hasn't been able to boot up. I copied the flash0 out of my working PSP and put it in his, but that didn't work either. I can't think of what I've done wrong. His motherboard is older than mine. Mine's a TA-082, and his isn't. Should I downgrade back to 1.50 and go back up, or is that possible? What should I do? Thanks.

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

hi can you still get into recovery menu if so download 1.50 recovery(google)place it in game folder go back into recovery menu and run programme at psp/game/recovery/e.boot
    p.s. if you gonna mess with flash always backitup on pc lol
    hope this helped

3. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

I think you fully bricked his. Why did you delete his whole flash0? And it does matter the type of motherboard becasuse TA-082 have a diff IDStorage key than the others so you broke his. you can try recovery mode but I dont think it would work.

4. Karatekun

Karatekun Member

Fixed. I recovered back to 1.50 then upgraded back to 3.40 oe. Of course it wasn't completely ruined, I could access recovery and run a 1.50 updater. But THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was wondering whether or not his flash0 would be different than mine. I backed his flash0 up this time, so no more hassles with that. Thanks guys, and thank you especially for telling me about the difference.