1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with shrink and full dvd

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rafer11, Feb 22, 2005.

1. rafer11

rafer11 Member

I tried to burn a dvd with dvdshrink and it ran into a copy protection error. So i opened dvd decrypter and did a read, but its way to big to fit on a single disc. So i read some tutorials about sizing it down to one with dvd2one and clonedvd but both of these programs cost money. Are there are free programs out there that will do this for me?

2. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

use dvd decrypter to rip, shrink to compress and dvd decrypter to burn. i have done this many times backing up my dvd's. i will give you a sight to goto it has great guides. shrink and decrypter are free also so you have the right tools.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

peace

3. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

It sounds like you have all you need. Use DVD Decrypter to copy the movie to your harddrive -- that's going to remove the copy protection in the process. If you've already done that, you're half-way there. Now, since the copy protection's gone you won't have any trouble using DVD Shrink to get your movie the right size. When you're decrypting remember the destination of your movie. Open DVD Shrink, click OPEN FILES, then find the folder where you put your movie. It should analyze then you can tweak the movie however you see fit, no pun intended. Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005