1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with softmodded Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by erik2713, May 18, 2007.

1. erik2713

erik2713 Member

I just recently had my xbox softmodded,it was working fine till I deleted a CD that I had ripped onto it before the softmod. and now I cant do anything with it, all that pops up is a screen that lists

MS Dashboard
    Reboot
    Power off
    Settings
    Backup

I am totally clueless to what I need to do, so if anyone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Sounds to me like the xbox is looping the XBMC application. I think when you go to exit it that those are the exact same options it gives you. If you made a backup of the HDD I reccomend restoring it over again.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

You may have deleted something more than just the CD then because that should not effect anything at all.
    What dash did it use before this all happened?
    Do you have AID 3.1 where you can try to re-install the dash from the auto installer disc?

4. erik2713

erik2713 Member

Im not sure but I remember something like Evolution X, if thats what your talking about some guy did it for me that worked for SMDEPOT.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

If he deleted any EvoX files then he deleted part of your hacked dashboard and that is why it is not booting correctly. This can be solved as by either using an auto installer to re-install EvoX, or by doing this yourself via FTP from your PC.
    worst case scenario is that you can always back up your EEPROM file to the PC via FTP (this is a must for nay softmodded Xbox !!!. I can not tell you how important having a back up of your EEPROM file on the PC is)
    Then once you have that you can use xboxhdm on your PC to format the xbox hard drive back to it's retail state, then get a hold of AR Max and one of the 3 games (original, non-platinum hits versions) that are used for softmodding and redo it all. Then use an auto installer (AID 3.1) to put all the programs and dashboards back on.

Personally if you can load a burned disc i would just find and download AID 3.1 (auto installer deluxe) and use that to reinstall EvoX on your C: partition and see if that solves it first. But either way BACK UP YOUR EEPROM FILE ASAP!

Last edited: May 23, 2007