1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with some info on ps2 and burnt games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by CiroZ, Jan 21, 2007.

1. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

wanted to know if any one has tryed these web site saying you can download games movies ect to your pc and them burn to cd-r or dvd and play them on your ps2 with out any mods to your ps2..or is swap magic coder 3.8 needed to play the burned games? one of the sites are advertised on this website also...thanks for your time..by the way i have the slim ps2

2. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

Plainly you can't just download and burn a game then try to play it. Burning games and playing them on a PS2 is impossible without a Mod-Chip or Swap Magic. When you copy a game the laser in the pc dvd drive cant read the boot sectors of a ps2 so those are skipped compltetly. so when you burn the game it wont be recognized without those sectors. There is no way in which you can add them either.

So my advice is to either get a Mod-Chip or buy Swap Magic. I f I were you, I'd buy a mod-chip and save some time.

3. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

thanks for the info..i just order one matrix infinity green dot...but what about the claims to the down loading site i can do that on lime wire but these site claim its for ps2 xbox and so on ..my email is i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

Those sites lie, I mean u can download working games from them but u can't just play them without a mod-chip or swap magic. Limewire does have ps2 games for download but i havent tried them, I'd try Isohunt (www.isohunt.com).

Thats a decent chip you ordered. Let me knoe how the install goes.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

CiroZ, no email posting as per forum rules above post edited

6. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

well all is not good couldnt install it my self trying to find some one in the nyc area to do it for me.....

and DDP dont know why you gave me your email...and it unless im blind see any thing about giving email are not allowed but if i missed it im sorry didnt mean to break the rules great formmm.....

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

CiroZ, it's not my e-mail account. read this from the forum rules that you obviously haven't read.
    10. Don't post your email address to the forums! Spambots love dumb forum users who post their email addresses to public sites and grab those addresses and you will soon discover the wonders of penis enlargement kits and other really useful products posted daily to your inbox.

8. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

lol i knonw thats not your email i was a smart @SS..DONT TAK IT TO HEART JUST JOKING ...AND AGAIN IM SORRY DIDNT SEE IT AND I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN THANKS..

9. steimy

steimy Active member

CiroZ, Teammodders can install your chip. You would have to ship it to them of course. But they will service anyone in the US.