1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with strange V10 w/ HDD problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by FlikStik, Feb 23, 2007.

1. FlikStik

FlikStik Member

Ok, here's the situation. I have a 250GB HD in my v10 PS2, it was NOT formatted with 48bit LBA causing problems after I installed a game that pushed it over the 128GB limit. The problems were I could not get into the HDD/Mem card browser, and no cd's or DVD's would load. HDL would also not boot (it would just freeze at the splash screen). So I zero'd the drive out and used HDL to format it (with the 48bit LBA this time) and now all is working (browser, discs boot as does HDL). However what is NOT working is ripping a game to the HD and playing a game on the HD. I put the drive in my v7 and everything works fine, games rip and play like they should. Anyone know what is going on with this thing? I don't think it's a laser issue cause as I said, if you boot the system up normally it boots the game right up, no lag or anything. Plus it won't even play games that are already installed on the drive, it just sits at a black screen when I hit play (yet on my v7 the game plays fine). Keep in mind that this system WAS working fine it just got all screwed up after I went over the 24bit LBA limit.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

very odd problem. I have not seen it before so i really am not sure what could cause that.
    So it works fine in one system, but not in the other?

3. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

Maybe try a firmware update/reflash of your chip. Or, try formatting the drive with WinHIIP or your v7 system. Is it possible HDL installed on your v10 is bad?

v10 = PAL?

4. FlikStik

FlikStik Member

It's an NTSC system. I've determined it's NOT the HD or the version of HD Loader. I put my Sony 40GB drive in the v10 and it doesn't work either. But the other way around (250GB in the v7) and all works fine.