1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with swap magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by hopkins98, Dec 12, 2004.

1. hopkins98

hopkins98 Member

hi i'm new to this board and i just bought a flip top for my ps2 v1-3 i have everything installed correctly but my problem is once i put in the swapmagic 3.3 disk the screen pops up saying swapmagic 3.3 but it never says load program or video mode and also the disk stops spining completely if anyone can help me solve this problem i would be thankful
    thank you

2. eLiguL

eLiguL Member

have you tried to put ur back up in after it stops spinning?

3. hopkins98

hopkins98 Member

yes i tried putting in the backup and nothing happens also the funny thing is i can still play the originals
    without any problems and also i had a friend test it out and it worked fine for him so if you have anymore suggestions i would be thankful

4. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

wow thats weird. the only thing i would recommend would be to return the disc and have the people that sold it to you send you another one.

5. asiafreak

asiafreak Member

is the new ps2(the skinny one) count as a flip top case?? and how do u work the swap magic 3.3??? i just bought one and i dont know how to use it

6. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

you need a ps2 lid for the new pstwo's to use the swap magic, i've also heard of shoving tissue paper and straws into the holes to trick the pstwo

7. asiafreak

asiafreak Member

can u get one in starland??? if not, where can u get a special lid for the new ps2??? how much is it??

8. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

9. asiafreak

asiafreak Member

but wats the difference. the one for the new ps2 just look kind of the same as the ps2 lid. and wat does it mean in the swap magic when it says "insert bigger TOC" whats that suppose to mean

10. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

it does the exact same thing as the flip top for the ps2, but it's for the new pstwo... i'm not sure what that TOC stuff is.

11. asiafreak

asiafreak Member

i know that, but what im trying to say is that there is already a fliptop lid in the New ps2, why need a another flip top??

12. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

when you open the new pstwo it recognizes it's open...therefore it'll notice if you put in a backup disk...this lid makes it so that the pstwo doesn't know you are opening it.