1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with the BIN burn

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Lucaum, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Lucaum

Lucaum Member

Hello there
    I’ve downloaded the game Battlefield 1942, its a .BIN file, first I tried to install the game creating two virtual drives with DAEMON, so far so good, but at 62% of install he ask for the drive that contains the CD2, a give him the address but a message appear “Specified component could not be found in the media…” I’ve already search on this forum for my answer, but my English is not that good; I saw in this forum that the CD might be protected (Safedisc 2). But when I create the virtual drive the emulation option “Safedisc” was on. Later I saw that if I burn the game on a CD-R I’ll be able to install perfectly, this didn’t happen. Yes I create a .CUE file and use the Alcohol 120% to burn correctly; I turn the option Safedisc 2 with RAW DAO. I only burn the second CD, the first is on a virtual drive, but again when I gave the path to the program he complains, “Specified component could not be found in the media…”
    Please, somebody help me.

2. gh0sTie

gh0sTie Member

Im not a pro or anything, but I did the same thing....I started the install from a virtual drive and tried to finish it with the 2nd cd in a true drive. Didn't work. As far as i hear, some games want to be installed from the same drive.
    Then i created an image of disc 2 and mounted it into the virtual drive that the first image was mounted in...and it worked fine.

3. Lucaum

Lucaum Member

I’ve already tried to do that but I didn’t work, the same message appears. I use the DAEMON Tools, what program did you use?

4. gh0sTie

gh0sTie Member

Alcohol 120%

5. Lucaum

Lucaum Member

Bah,
    It didn't work again.
    But Thanks anyway.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Dont mount both of the images at once. Try using only 1 Stealth Drive and swapping the image when you are asked to (because the game will look for it in the same drive)
    2. How fast are u burning?
    3. Are you absolutely sure the BINs arent corrupted? (check with CDMage http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html)

7. Lucaum

Lucaum Member

Thanks for the help,
    I burn the CD at 32x (that’s the only options he gave me). I've already tried to use only one virtual drive then switch the image, but it didn't work. I use the CDMage he scanned the CD1 and found 70 errors on the CD that could not be repaired, Severity High, these errors were found at 97% complete of the scanning. And on the CD2 he found 46 errors that could not be fixed.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2003
  8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The errors would definitely do it! Also, if you encounter errors after burning it always helps to burn slower (i.e., 4x-8x)