1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with the GRUDGE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 1new1, Feb 2, 2005.

1. 1new1

1new1 Guest

Can anyone help me or lead me to the right directions on how to copy the GRUDGE.. This is what I have already tried.
    Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO Read Mode", "tick" "Remove PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

When I did that it was DECRYPTING fine until it came to 94% then an error box cam up and said

I/O Error!
    Device[0:0:0]Lite-OnDVDRW SOHW-16335 BSOK(E:)(ATA)
    SCSISTATUS 0x02
    Interpretation:Check Condition
    CDB 28 00 00 3CCD 5D 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation:Read(10)-Sectors:3984733-3984764
    Sense Area 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation:L-EC Uncorrectable Error and then on the botton is Ask if you want to ABORT, RETRY, OR IGNORE
    When I Ignore it finished what it was doing and then when I tried to shrink it with dvdshrink it says
    DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE
    Invalid Data in File c:\DVD_VIDEO\VIDEO_TS\VTS_07_01.VOB

WHAT DO I DO PLEASE THIS IS REALLY MAKING ME FRAUSTRATED HELP ME PLEASE

2. bydasword

bydasword Guest

1) i also own a LITE-ON SOHW...try getting a firmware upgrade (i think mine is BSOS).

2)sounds like you may have a bad disk.

3) make sure that when you're retrieving the disk image from the hard drive, you select just that with dvd shrink....File, then open disk image, and look for the ISO files.

i've successfully burned this disk last night using both decrypt and shrink. hope this helps!!

3. flow12

flow12 Member

Hi...I've been reading the posts about the Grudge and I've been having difficulty ripping with DVD Decrypter. I'm using version 3.5.2.0 and I would rip using File mode and an error would always pop up at 94%. Now to make a long story short....I set the DVDD settings to default and the movie ripped fine with no errors. Now I'm able to use DVD Shrink.

Change your settings to default and everything should work out. Just go to Tools, Settings, and click Defaults. Even if you uninstall and then reinstall DVDD....I think the settings remain the same, so try setting everything to default.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

AnyDVD running in the background. http://www.slysoft.com Read the product description so you know the function. It has a 3 week trial, so give it a spin. Rip to the HD with DVD Decrypter, default settings and in File mode. If overrides are necessary, do so to complete the rip. Open the files, be sure to leave the AnyDVD running. Other than the info page, the only thing you should see of AnyDVD is the red fox icon on the taskbar.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

sticky buttons, site acting funny, accidental double

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

like mentioned.....

use dvd decrypter on DEFAULT settings and if it doesnt ripp run anyDVD in the background from system tray! then rip again with DD

also if doing whole movie find the black screen part in "UNREFERECED MATERIAL" in dvd shrink and replace with astill image and NOT! compression!

thx..

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Rotary,
    Since it's already on the system, wouldn't it be simpler to just let AnyDVD run all the time. That way you don't have to wait for a failure to invoke its use. I let it run all the time myself. Also, with AnyDVD running in the background, Shrink doesn't stop like it will without it.

AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter are both excellent programs and work well together. Some people like to consider it a competition between the 2. I could care less and prefer to use the two together looking at it as better due to combining forces. Even with Decrypter updated and AnyDVD running, not all unreadable sectors in DVDs are patched. With AnyDVD running, the unreadable sectors flow through the DVD Shrink encoder more easily.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

very true, also i have just read that dvd2one has been updated with the sony acros update so rip the full movie then run it through dvd2one and it will sort out the protections problems for you while compressing....

9. jkghome

jkghome Guest

Hello everybody, I just wanted to let it be known that I was able to copy my purchased personal copy of The grudge last night. It took a little while longer than usual but I used DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink. I had to read the disc in file mode, then have it encoded, then burned it with my new pioneer 108. I am kind of new to this stuff, but it worked for me. I did struggle for a little while until I just tried the right thing. Just follow the excellent advice on this board and you cannot go wrong, by the way, SCUBAPETE has an excellent guide that I always use whenever I have a question. Do a search for it, it will help.

10. 1new1

1new1 Guest

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME IT WORKED!!!!
    HIP, HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. brobear

brobear Guest

1new1
    Glad you got it. Now tell us the process you used so others can know what steps lead to your success. (You might want to stop using all caps as the mods frown on it.)

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

great, what did you do to get it to work?

thx..

13. 1new1

1new1 Guest

ok I had anydvd run in the back ground and then I opened dvdshrink and then burned it with nero. It was a stress relief so thanks for the information everyone. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1new1

14. brobear

brobear Guest

1new1
    You're welcome. Glad to see you're doing successful backups now. Guess it didn't take 3 weeks to figure out you like the AnyDVD.