1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with UMD loader v0.8c

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by saputra, Mar 27, 2007.

1. saputra

saputra Member

I'm new here, I have psp v1.5, I have download umd emulator v0.8c from psp-hack.com, I already done all the step needed to put umd to my psp. When I select my iso game with direct load and it freeze my psp. I try to select my iso game with system menu it say 'umd could not be read'. I try to play wipe out pure, all psp game folder and umd data bin is there. can anyone please help meeeeeeeee. thank you

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

forget about umdemulator and use something newer...devhook or custom firmware like 3.03 oe-c

3. saputra

saputra Member

I have download devhook 0.52, do I need to upgrade my firmware? my firmware currently is 1.5, I'm also scare that using devhook can brick my PSP, that is why I choose UMD emulator in the first place.

4. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

upgrade to 3.03oe-c and nothin to worry about coz it has a recovery menu you can get back to 1.5 if you brick/semi-brick your psp

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

part of what CoRn3tTo says it true, u don't have to worry about semi bricks in 3.03 oe-c, but CoRn3tTo, you cannot recovery from a full brick, even in 3.03 oe-c using recovery menu. i use 3.03 oe-c myself because it is much simpler to use than devhook, instead of having to emulate firmware, 3.03 oe-c is the firmware. it can do everything devhook can - homebrew, ISOs and more - customizing the xmb(icons, font, coldboots, gameboots, text, and more), playing ps1 games. i seriously recommend upgrading. unless you are an idiot, which i hope you aren't, and can't read instructions properly, then 3.03 oe-c is a much better idea. use this link

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

if you still don't want to, then devhook goes on your 1.5 psp, and it won't brick since it doesn't mess wiht your psp's flash.

your call

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  6. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i did'nt mean a full brick[coz sometimes we use brick words]
    example: if you brick your psp while flashing you can recover it to 1.5]
    (but yeah im wrong using brick word in that sentence it should be semi-brick only thanx chanman1)
    brick means totally unusable

but yeah i know you can't recover from a full brick
    causes what?
    i know if you do stupid things when u downgrade/upgrade then removed the batt/memstick/or your batt died
    some says messing with your .prx and custom intro can do a full brick
    and trojan???