1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with unlocked Cingular v3

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Ardonna, May 13, 2007.

1. Ardonna

Ardonna Member

I have a unlocked v3 and I can't use the internet. When I try to connect to it, it says GPRS Network is not available. Also I have tried to use mpt to add ringers to my phone. I can get photos, videos, update contact info. etc, but when I transfer ringers to the phone it says that it was sent to the phone but they are not showing up. I sent them to the correct folder. It was working before. I don't know what has happened that it's not working anymore. Please help.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Are you using the Mulitmedia studio, and the Melody Studio to transfer or are you using the file transfer function? I've always used the Melody studio to convert the MP3 into a ringtone that can be used by the phone. You will need to contact your new carrier to see what settings you will need for their internet, I had a Cingular V3 unlocked and running with SUNCOM (Suncom sucks by the way) and never bothered to figure out how to connect to the internet. Go to your carrier's web site and the info should be there.

3. Ardonna

Ardonna Member

I fixed both. I used P2k Tools to fix the ringer problem and I uploaded browser setting through Device Configuration on the T-Mobile site. Thanks for the input though.