1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with UT2004 on dvd backup please

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by KIRkout, Aug 22, 2004.

1. KIRkout

KIRkout Member

hi,

I have a legit copy of UT2004 but its on DVD and I want to back it up, but I don't have a dvd burner, so I wanted to back it up to cd. Well, when I copied all the files from the dvd to my hard drive, it actually was already broken down into cd1, cd2, etc. So I started to copy each one to a disk. But when I went to test it out and reinstall the game using my newly made cds, it was saying something about missing files, and if I was installing off a cd to try to clean the cd and retry. Well, I thought it might be doing this because it was on a dvd which is one disk, and now its on 6 cds, so I put in the second cd to see if it would pick up the installation where it stopped but it did not. So my question is this, does anyone know how to make it to where it knows to ask for the second cd and so on and so forth as to make a good backup on cds? Thanks in advance!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

There's no way I've heard of. If you knew how to rewrite the install files to look for CDs it might be possible :)

3. 2005

2005 Regular member

ive heard rumors that BW5 has some sort of beta out that can do it.

4. KIRkout

KIRkout Member

hi, thanks for your replies. I actually have tried to look for and edit the installer files of each cd to do that, but had no luck. I was actually thinking of using InstallShield X to create my own, but I don't know if that would be too much time than its worth.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  6. KIRkout

KIRkout Member

ok, I think it would just be easier if I asked you guys if you had the original installer files of the CD version of UT2004. I would need the installer files from each of the cds. thanks!